By William Seidman Just finished a tour of several programs we’re deploying in various US cities, including highly technical programs like data analysis and software quality assurance. They also included leadership and sales transformation programs. I spoke to 40-50 end-users and managers and found that we’re getting great results. Almost to a person, they said that the Cerebyte approach was the single best learning experience they’ve ever had. Naturally I asked them, “Why?” The answers:
- Companies’ positive deviants already had the language and the ability to address real issues — a “head start.”
- By stressing the “make the learning work for you” approach, the exercise becomes immediate and applicable
- We stressed group coaching because people learn a lot from each other and it feels immediate and real.
- taking more ownership for their own learning
- becoming much more conscious of their jobs
- becoming more skilled at trade-off decisions
- becoming more like a transformational leaders