Client: Data Based Development Systems
Situation: The senior operations executive for DBDS, a large company that does outsourced database management and big data analysis, is getting ready to retire. She has unique knowledge and skills and
was given the assignment to groom a suitable replacement. The team decided to hire a replacement, but needed to ramp the replacement up quickly.
Building Great DBDS Operations Best Practices
- The current, retiring DBDS Operations executive went through 2.5 hours of facilitatedDiscovery in two sessions (a 1.5 hour and a 1 hour session)
- In these Discovery sessions, she defined a comprehensive program for developing her replacement including the “secret sauce” of what had made her successful
- She described the Discovery experience as extremely well-organized, efficient, easy and fun
Launching the Succession/On-Boarding program using Sofia
- Without any training in leading a Sofia Launch, the retiring executive led the new hire/successor through a 1 hour Launch session that got the new executive oriented to the Sofia methodology and the Operations best practices
- They reported that they had intense, excellent conversation during the Launch and both said it was a very positive, informative experience
- They defined the first 4 weeks of Actions and established a weekly check-in process
Guided Practice of the Succession/On-Boarding program using Sofia
- The new executive followed the Sofia approach, completing the Actions and recording learnings that were proactive and insightful
- The retiring executive followed the new executive’s progress using the Observer function in Sofia to monitor task completion and quality of performance, which she described as very useful
- They met weekly to discuss the learnings and progress for the 3 months it took to complete the program
- They both described the experience as very informative and strongly accelerating the ramp- up of the new executive.
- VP of Operations said: “The transition was faster and more effective than I imagined possible.”
Elevate your team to the excellence of your best performers with one-on-one mentorship anytime, anywhere.